Thursday, March 03, 2005

 

Whining

I have been feeling ill for the last month. It has been like a flu you just can't get rid of. Tried going to a walk-in clinic where I was given some antibiotics that accomplished nothing other than making me sick to my stomach. When a medicine says take with food, believe the warning.

A week later I am heading back to my parents place to help install a a set of ceilling lift in a nursing home. By the time the train arrives my neck is swollen and my sinuses are like faucets. I go to another walk-in clinic, am given aother anti-biotic, but the doctor ignores any issues with my sinuses. Two days later I am feeling worse, the onset of insomina as an additional symptom areally didn't help. So I go back to the walk-in clinic and am given a small pile chemicals to swallow over the next few days. The next day I trek back to Toronto and start the pill regime. Two days later, I wake up and my face is red and my arms look like a bad medical textbook.

I figure the red face is a drug reaction. Time to find a real doctor, one that will examine you and not just pass out prescriptions. I luck out and after five minutes of searching I find a doctor that is willing to take new patients. I get an appointment for later that morning. Dr Berlin turns out to be an ancient man with a grudge against walk-in clinics. Yes, I was having a drug reaction, No, he didn't know why I was sick though he guessed at mono. He sent me to a nearby lab were they took six vials of blood. That was tuesday. It is amzing who much better I felt after goinging off all of the drugs I had been taking.

Update: I officially have mono.

Digg!
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?